Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dee Mullins

Dee Mullins  - "I Am The Grass" & "War Babies"

from The Continuing Story (Plantation) 1969


Not the rarest country record in world, but it certainly ranks as a weird one. The "talk-box" like effect on both these tracks attest to that and it was this Dee Mullins record that first peaked my interest in the hidden gems of a traditional and conservative genre. Mullins had a long career before this release, excellent examples here, but its this record that has seen the most attention in recent years. I think there are a few reissues floating around, but I knwo the Omni Recording Company has put one out. If you haven't yet, check Omni out. They are reissuing some great material, like Nashville Sputnik- a collection on Jack Blanchard produced tracks that are about as strange as they come. 

I Am The Grass


War Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment